This picture of St. Agnes after the second phase of building shows the join in the roof between the first and second
part of the nave. The short tower base remained as shown for 40 years (from 1893 until 1933). The bomb which destroyed the
windows on the north side of the church on the 11th December 1940 also took the original slates off, the original join visible
here was lost when they were replaced.